Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oasis Preparations and Final Announcements

I can't believe camp is just 5 days away. The T-shirts are in, the bandannas are here, the booklets are being printed, and almost everything is ready. I know you are wondering who is rooming with who, what team am I on, and how can I best prepare for camp. Well, all of those questions and more will be answered at Oasis on June 4.

For our Texas crew, Perry has all your information and you'll meet your roomates on Monday at the camp.

For the rest of you, make sure to come out to Oasis. We'll have the final list of the teams, the layout of the two dorms, some of the activities you can start getting excited for, as well as a chance to get to know those in your small group.

Bonus Points: We already told a few students, but we are giving mucho bonus points to anyone who memorizes all of Psalm 34 and recites it by the end of camp. The text is posted on the church's Summer Camp website. I would encourage everyone to take a crack at this.

Don't forget, the balance of your camp money, the medical release form, and the pool waiver are all due at check in. T-shirt sizes are limited, so make sure you get there a little early. We plan on leaving at 9:30 am, so don't be late!!

Parents, if you would like to contact your student with a note during the week, you can post a comment on this blog or send me an email (j.huff@fvbc.org). We'll be reading those to the group before dinner each night. If there is a more private message you need to get to a student, please mark it as such and I'll make sure it gets to them.

We are all looking forward to a great week. Stay tuned for pics, video, point updates, and testimonies of what God is doing throughout the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my woot!

Moriah said...

I have been praying for all of you today and also read through Psalm 34. It is a very encouraging and challenging psalm and I can't wait to hear what you learn at camp. God Bless!