Thursday, June 12, 2008

Halfway to home

Well, the week keeps on going, and going, but the end is in sight. As I told the students before we left, this week is just a week of preparation for the real battle that will come when we get home. That day is approaching fast as it always does at camp. Today has been another great one, with great activities, and probably too much sun. I am glad Moriah packed the Aloe for me. The students had obstacle course day today and enjoyed team building activities, eating ice cream, and running around outside on a beautiful, 91 degree day. It was a monster day for the yellow and orange teams, but Blue was right up there adding over 10,000 in spirit points and all three of the top theme night winners. Here are the standings as of this evening

1st- Blue (255,500)
2nd-Yellow (238,500)
3rd- Orange (236,500)
4th- Purple (216,500)

Thank you to all who sent notes to their friends, siblings, sons, and daughters. Everyone enjoys hearing from you and I love to see your involvement even though you are hundreds of miles away. Tonight was food night, and we had some very creative costumes. I'll post those later on. Several more said Psalm 34, including Keta Allen, J.D. Nolte, Ariel Nolte, Dwayne Miller, both Drennan girls, Anthony Glosson, Leigh LaSota, and Scott Rougas. There are more, but my brain is only working at about 75% right now and the rest escape me. Tonight we have the pew olympics to look forward to. We bumped the Lip Sync to tomorrow night to give the teams a little more time to work on their presentations.

On a side note, the Senior High guys challenged the leaders to a game of Wallyball today. As I walked in with Perry, we both agreed that we would probably get owned by the younger guys (that means we believed we would lose). That is what happened, 2 games in a row. They played very well together. We managed 4 points in the first game, and almost came back in the second, but ended up losing 15-11. So, this afternoon we challenged them to a rematch... Doug, Joe, Matt, Dwayne, Stevie, and Scott were no match for a revamped and energized leaders team. I don't know if it worked to tire them out with the games all afternoon, but they did look a little sluggish. Anyhoo, session is starting soon, and I need to get ready. More pics and updates tonight. Later...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go guys! Keep on playing

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Back when I went to camp we didn't need to dress up funny our normal clothes looked like Mr. Clare.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Blue team!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go blue! You're not far behind . . . purple. Remember not to give up. It's not over till its over! Doug (dad) wants to know if there is any Tootsie Roll chew games? What did you have written on your stomach at the pool, Douglas? I hope it comes off! Did you get extra points for that? Enjoy your time at camp Douglas and Whitney. We miss you, especially at Olive Garden last night. Have a great day.

Lynn

Moriah said...

Josh! I also packed the suncreen. If you die because of skin cancer I am going to be mad - I need you around for a while. I love you lots honey.

P.S. Tell everyone to do their own theme night tomorrow in honor of me - like Crazy Hair night or Twin Night or Not Matching night.

Anonymous said...

hey tony......how's camp? Its been really quiet around here since you have been gone, and I miss seeing you at work, the weight machine is getting pretty rusty without you here. I baked a welcome home cake for you, I can't wait until you get home. Go yellow!!!

From,
Katie Addison

Anonymous said...

This is from Joshua and Caleb Murphy's Dad.

We sure do miss you two! The yard needs mowing, the garage needs cleaning, the garbage needs to be taken out and my feet need rubbing! Just kidding! We really do miss you. We hope you are having fun and learning great things from the Word. We love you! Dad