Thursday, June 21, 2007

Slip & Slide

The Soapy Tarp has come and gone, and surprise surprise, no one got hurt; a first for soapy tarp day. Jordan and I were on the verge of canceling the event because we left the tarp at church, but after praying about what to do, God provided an inexpensive tarp from Walmart, and the day turned out to be a lot of fun. We had all the traditional games... the Refrigerator box, the tug-o-war, and steal the bacon, plus a few new games. The red team had a pretty good showing, and we'll have to wait and see how they do tonight. Everyone is outside playing in the soccer tournament. I think I'll take a nap to make up for the 12 hours of sleep I've received this week so far.

This morning, we had a tie for the first students to the dorm, and wouldn't you know, it was between Jacob and Emily Chally. Both received 20,000 points for their teams, giving red and yellow a good boost for the day. Doug Dunton (Jr.) found Chester the Chicken as well (our running hide and seek game with the rubber chicken) and earned another 50,000 points for yellow. The tide can turn very quickly, and I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

That's it for now. I'll try to get some pics of the upcoming Villian night. Adios...




Go Red! Makin' a good effort



The Wheel-barrow races were "so-chill"



Smile for the camera



No arms make for great face-planting falls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone,

Okay, so I really didn't find out the gender of our child....that's just mean....Isaac..so silly that one is.

But I did clean our house until all hours of the night. I have no sense of time when it comes going to bed without my husband telling me, "Stal....bed time...it's Jordan's bed time...". So I have been getting as much sleep as all you there. On wednesday I actually started my usual end of day routine just to remember, you all aren't here! I was all set and ready to go to Oasis, with no Oasis to be had...So sad! But I am hearing all about your fun in the Lord from Jordan. I am proud of all of you for getting up at the crack of dawn to eat college style eggs...yum. And for getting to bed late as well to just do it all over again. Personaly, I just have to say my life just isn't as fun without the youth here.....

But anyway, fun fact, Jordan only has like two pairs of socks, so be ware, his feet are probably at the "EEEwwww!!! is that CHEESE?!?!" stage by now. (Love you Babe)

And, for those of you who know the Schmanke family, Emmy and Matt are out of PGN and they are waiting on birth certificates to BRING THEIR GIRLS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! PRAISE GOD! So we hope in about two weeks to see our friends again with their two beautiful girls.

Anyway, you all are missed and much loved. I am excited to hear even more about tarp day and the fun that is soap and plastic with water. By the by, on game night, did anyone try to toss Charis Like a football? I mean , she is small, and easily mistakable for one....Just a ponderment....

Keep up the Good work!

In Him,

Crystal