Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's all over

What a week we've had. We are packing up the last of the luggage now, and beginning the wait for the bus. Hopefully it will be along shortly. We had a great time last night at the closing session and the Lip Sync. I was very impressed by how the students performed. Every person on every team participated well. Even students that had been shy and independent during the week were smiling and excited to be there.

For the lip sync, Green took first with a great performance of Gaston. That secured the win for the week and green will be proudly displaying their trophy during the next year in the youth room.

The final session and the testimonies were truly a blessing. So many students were challenged by the teaching and the music. Many students referenced the song "I Surrender All" as particularly challenging. The last verse states, "Take all my hunger for all that's forbidden, every desire, and sin I keep hidden. Search me and know me, I want to give to you a life that is holy and sanctified through You. So I surrender all to You."

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. I couldn't be happier with how God directed this week to go. See you on Sunday.

No comments: