Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 1 is almost over

I'm sitting out in the lobby at 9:30 contemplating the day God had for us. The band and I left at 6 am this morning to set everything up, while the rest of the group left just a half hour later than scheduled (a new FVBC record for summer camp). I heard that the bus ride, although cramped, was uneventful and very, very, long. I called them at around 2pm, expecting them to be over halfway here with our first meeting only an hour and a half away, and Moriah informed me that they were just leaving from lunch, a grand 3 hours away still. Oh well, God obviously had different plans than we did for today.

At 4pm, everyone arrived, safe and sound, and we began by praising our great God together in worship. It was so encouraging to see everyone starting out quietly, but eventually praising God and even clapping. I was blessed by their worship and I hope they were blessed as well. The speaking also was a privilege. Pastor Bob McNutt spoke to us from Romans 8 about trusting in God. He began with foundation of having Christ as our friend first in order to overcome any enemy.

For the rest of the evening we have team cheers/ names/ flags/ dances to watch and laugh at, then off to bed to do it all over again for 5 more days. I should post some pictures later before I hit the hay. Keep praying for us and stay in touch. Don't be afraid to comment. I'll read them to your kids if you would like.

That's it for now...

1 comment:

Talitha said...

To Moriah and Josh to be read at breakfast Tuesday morning:
Happy 3 year anniversary!! Congrats guys! It has been wonderful to see how God has worked in your marriage the past 3 years! I know you will have many more great years to come!!! I love you guys! Also, thanks for giving me the cutest niece in the whole world!

To all youth campers:
Just fyi, Moriah and Josh love to be sung to... so go ahead... SING!!!