Tuesday, June 19, 2007

80% Chance of FUN!!


Day 2 has arrived. Just a few thoughts from last nights events.

Every team performed nicely and it was great to see the excitement building for what looks to be a great, even, dare I say, a redonculous week. Here are the standings as of this moment.


Blue Team (The Chill) is currently in first place after a nice performance of their cheer.



Yellow Team (Yak Attack) is in second after a great effort and a very artistic rendering of a Mongolian Yak on their flag


Red Team (Red Cross) is in Third place and hopes to make a strong come back today



Green Team (Dyno-mite) is only a few points behind bringing up the rear.

Today looks to have more surprises with the huge obstacle course. There is also an 80% chance of rain (which is actually 100% because it's raining right now). Hopefully, that will let up by the afternoon, but 85 degrees and raining is kind of refreshing.

This morning we read from Psalm 120-121, the first two Psalms of Ascents. Perhaps you could read through them and pray that God would be made more real to the students today as they think about forgiveness and God's protection.



Everyone chilling before the session



Some good old-fashioned worship time

More to come later. Make it a good one.

3 comments:

graceling said...

Happy Anniversary to my favorite married peeps! You are both such a blessing and encouragement in my life. I love you! Also, though we never attended camp together, Mo and I did go on choir tour together, and in honor of that, I think Moriah should sing a one-person rendition of "The Lord Bless You and Keep You." Because that would sound fun.

Have a great time and stay dry (or wet, if you so desire.) Can I come along as camp nurse next year?

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

To Katelyn and Scott;

Katelyn don't get "shanked". Dingleberry misses you. (From Allison)

Scott, Dingleberry doesn't miss you. Why do you have fake poop in your car glove compartment? (From Allison)

To Jordan Ferrell (A.K.A Papa Fa), from Baby Noli:

Papa, I miss you, but I enjoy taking over your side of the bed. Nice and roomy! Mommy was subjected to Grandma Porter's horrible cooking skills last night. So I made her crave escargot from St. Charles Place, and we had fun eating it on the floor and watching CSI Miami (we know you don't like those shows). Mommy spilled butter all down her belly and had to rush around getting the stain out of her shirt. Just to find once we returned to the yummy food, it was cold. It was a really sad night all together. But then you called and made it all okay again. We miss you and we love you.

Love Noli

Anonymous said...

To everyone else,

I hope you are all having an amazing time of fellowship and God centered worship. I think next year I will definately have to be on the list. You all look like your having so much fun! That, and I know the rest of the games...na na na na boo boo....And trust me, they're gonna be great!

Keep up the good work and embrace this time. I trust God will use this experience in an awesome way in all your lives.

rystal Ferrell