Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust

What an exciting, energizing, redongculous day we have had. It is so refreshing to begin each morning with worshiping God privately, then moving right into corporate worship with other believers. We introduced a new arrangement of "And Can It Be" to the students and they seemed to really enjoy it. There's nothing like seeing young people singing the old Hymns with all their hearts.

Today we had the same morning as usual, and almost everyone made it... Mr. Sterling forgot to set his alarm clock and our Marine in training didn't quite make it to morning worship either. Oh well, at least they're getting some sleep. Everything went very smoothly and you could feel the excitement growing as pool day approached. After lunch we moved into the large indoor pool they have here at IWU. It is olympic size and had a diving board over the 12 ft. deep end. We had relay races, splash contests, and of course, the jump or dive contest. We said that a belly flop was worth an automatic perfect ten, and several took advantage of that. I think Matt Stern took the cake by getting at least 15 feet in the air before smacking into the water. Other than some very red skin (ironically for the guys on the red team who belly flopped), there were no injuries, at least in that event.

Our first injury and hospital visit did come at last. Thankfully, it wasn't too serious and turned into a badly sprained ankle. You see, Matt Massey was getting a little too involved in the Walley-ball game in the gym, but not nearly as much as Amanda Clare. Amanda was coming down from a spike and got tangled up with Matt's ankle, and it twisted. He went to the hospital, just to be sure it wasn't broken, and he is back with us now.

The parent's night was incredible. I almost thought Jen Clare walked into the cafeteria when Jordan walked in. However, she wasn't the closest. I posted the pick of the top finalists below.

Here are the standings for today

Blue in first place
Green in a close second
Red a little more distant third
Yellow bringing up the rear.

Your kids are behaving wonderfully. You should all be proud. I have received and passed on all of your notes and emails, and they have been received with embarrassed smiles all around. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. More to come later.



Crazy raft games



I was a little scared at how accurate they were... AnthonyGlosson took first place, Robert Massey second, and Whitney Dunton third


Ouch, bonus points for pain



Are you as perceptive as a youth leader?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Attention all those who have cars at the church, just to let you know I have successfully lowered all the windows for said cars except for one red car that I couldn't get into so I just decided to break the front windshield. This was to allow the cars to air out but with the incoming storm tomorrow problems may arise. Needless to say, any perishable items will perish so enjoy that. Now to begin with, DP your mom found all your anime and I mean ALL of it. she has allowed me to destroy it in my own personal way so I decided to burn all of it..... while it was inside Outback Steakhouse, so yeah. Mono I must say that an iced mocha at caribou just doesn't taste the same without you and your demeaning stare at me getting the same thing. Addie I haven't made one drill team joke all week and I'm starting to get withdrawal so this isn't working well. Steph I haven't had my fill of you making fun of me, or condescending to me, or hitting me yet so get to work on that. I think my ego, pride, and self worth are getting close to normal levels and we don't want that do we. As for Farrell, just letting you know that Stal decided to go find of the gender of baby before you got home and in case you were worried, it's all good man. It's a girl. All of you there make sure you congratulate Jordan on having a baby girl. Sucker.

The one and only Isaac