Monday, June 15, 2009

It has Begun

Hello faithful followers of the blog. Camp has finally started, and what a start we've had. God has already answered so many prayers. Here is just a short story. We originally were booked to go back to a room we had been in a few years ago that was recently refurbished for our meeting room. As we entered the room, it became apparant that it would not work for us. It was smaller, had a stage that would hold our drumset and that's about it, and would have been incredibly loud had the band played like we practiced. Well, after some maneuvering, we were able to go back to the sanctuary we were in last year which worked so well for us. We found out later that the reason the room was free was because they were scheduled for remodeling that building this summer, but God in His providence held that off until next summer. God provided, as He always does.

The first session went very well. Trevor opened 1 Samuel 17 for us and challenged us all to not look down on the simple life we have as children, workers, and servants of God. Even David, although He had been anointed King, was still willing to tend the sheep.

Tonight is team names, cheers, flags, and picking the Lip Sync songs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Don't forget to send messages to your kids or spouses. I'll make sure to pass them along to the group.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Josh,

We're glad to know everyone made it and God is showing you his providence for the group.

Blessings.

The Dickensons

mom and dad LaSota said...

Ooops! I put our comments on the wrong blog...this blog stuff
is very challenging for me; I am kind of like a dolphin out of water, (if you know what I mean...-mom) but, here we go...this is our message to Leigh LaSota and her awesome, solid-gold Yellow Team:
WOOO-HOOOOOO! Go Yellow, Go Yellow, Go Yellow!!!
To All You Cool Kids in Christ: You are bound, headlong, into an incredible week of God's revelations to you, mining deeply into the rich text of God's Word....we cannot wait to read what happens next....
To Leigh: We know that you will make this, your senior camp ,the best camp of all....savoring each moment- with fabulous friends-what a bunch! You could not have better than these friends in Christ....and you will be friends growing in Christ for a long, long time...praying for you....
TO ALL: Play Hard,Pray Hard GO BIG, and, gotta say it one more time......... GO YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Mom & Dad LaSota
( p.s.: I'm the pink one in the photo-mom)

mom and dad LaSota said...

O.K.
Now you can see who's mom & dad that was who just posted.....I think I've got this now....

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

ALL RIGHT!!!!!! Summer camp begins, I am so excited for what God has planned this week for you all. Especailly since I know all the games you'll be playing and let's just say, Jordan's awesome! Plus can anyone say, Pew Olympics?????!!! Yay for the awesome sanctuary as last year!!!!!

Moriah, I am personally jealous of you since we switched places from last year and now you're the one getting to have all the fun.

Next, news from Home: I am planning on a massive Ferrell take over of the Huff girls, yes that does mean I am dressing your girls in ALL of Noah's clothes. Pay backs are awesome. Hopefully pictures to follow. Noah decided to try and get in the dryer today, so perhaps a lock on the laundry room door is necessary installment when you get home Jordan. Noah has also traded in the Clare sisters for some cute girls at Panera today. Yes, Maggie and Jordan, you have been traded in for younger models. Jordan, our son has started to call at females saying, "Hi Girl!" and then proceeds to flirt to no end. One girl was on a date and lets just say the guy gracefully bowed out saying, "The better man has won." So Jordan, you may need to have a talk with Noah when you get home.

What else...oh yeah, Yellow team rocks.

aaaaaannnnndddd.... Jordan I love you, I miss you, and I am so happy you get to do this again this year, God has blessed me with an amazing husband that is not just good looking at but great at summer camp games. You guys are all lucky to have him this week. Trevor, I am so glad you're back to our youth for a camp and can't wait to hear your sermons, Josh, I am so proud of you for pulling off yet another summer camp, and to all the leaders....good luck and God bless cause these kids are crazy! Have an amazing time you all and above all else, have a blessed time together in fellowship.

In Christ
Crystal

Tanna's Tidbits said...

Sharon,
I miss you so much. The days are much longer without you close by. My heart cries out for you, Thumpity thump....ahhhh sharon. Thump , Thump. I couldn't sleep a wink lying in bed last night, and so perry finally agreed to let me go over to your house so I could smell your perfume on your pillow. That should last me for today. Come back my love, Come back. Miss you....

Tanna

p.s. I killed your st. augustine. Sorry.