Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another day in the can...

As another day comes to a close, and we enter into Wed., I can't help but think about one thing. I want to sleep. But that will come in a few days (and hopefully a few minutes). The youth dressed up in many creative costumes for our holiday night, celebrating days like Flag Day, Veteran's Day, Pi Day, Donut Day, and even a few Amish that don't celebrate holidays. J.D. Nolte took the victory with his disturbing costume of Cupid, with Jonah Gallagher a close second with his celebration of Arbor Day.

The session was another great time in God's Word, adjusting our perspective on the fear of man. We were challenged to look at Christ's example of humble submission to God's Will, despite what we would consider a fearful time of looking at the cross. This is mirrored by David as he approached Goliath.

The groups times and team times have been great. We have unbelievers interested in Spiritual things, kids that didn't even want to be here that are participating and having fun, and a whole group of kids that sing their hearts out to the Lord. I'm praising Him for your prayers. They are certainly making a difference.

I'll leave you with a few prayer requests and our score updates for the night. Please keep the leaders in your prayers. This is the first summer camp for many of them, and they are feeling the fatigue of long days with lots of activities. Also, pray for God to continue to soften the hearts of unbelievers. He is moving, and I trust He will continue to do His thing amongst us.

That's about it for me. I'm off to bed. Pool day tomorrow, along with everything else. Night Night.

Point Totals:
1st- Red 148,000
2nd- Blue 135,000
3rd- Yellow 112,000
4th- Green 111,500

J.D..... what can I say








The group, dressed up for "holiday" night








I didn't even know the was a "pi" day where you can win competitions by memorizing pi to the most numerical places.





Phage doing her thing






Christmas in June




The Murphy twins, the veterans




Trevor, teaching about facing our fears and bringing God glory




Matt Massey owned the name game, naming every member of Red


4 comments:

Kelly*aka Madison's Mom* said...

Maddie~Nothing out of the ordinary going on around here. It has been 100 here so enjoy your cool weather while it lasts!!!! Go Green!

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

JD, what can I say? you have made my week with that costume!!!!!!! I almost peed a little laughing so hard at the picture. Cupid never had it so good!

And I gotta say, the teams that are in the winning positions are quite unexpected...you go red with your bad selves! Yellow, we'll talk when you get home.

I am stoked to hear all your lip syncs too when you all get home and watch the awesomeness that is the Yellow team's "Kiss the Girl" song...should make or an interesting date night for Jordan and I.

Speaking of Jordan, I love you

Side note: I love that Josh is probably reading this aloud so you get to hear I love you from a man.

I am so impressed with how well this summer camp seems to be going and how much you all are able to learn, Trevor has prepared well for this and I can't wait to hear all the life changing stories when you all get home!

Tanna's Tidbits said...

oh J.D., You pulled it off soo well! And those legs! Wow. I can see Perry has his work cut out for him in the weight room next week. Anyway, tell your mom I think she looks ravishing if she she is wearing red, and Hannah... could you give her a big fat kiss for me? Heard she got thrown into the pool so I am sure she is steamed! Let it go Sharon, Just let it Go.

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, Jacob and Ben - A big hello from Mom! It looks like you are having an awesome time. Like the Smiths I have one on Red, Green and Yellow - so go all 3 teams! Sorry blue team :) Keep having fun and enjoy yourselves. Listen hard to what Trevor and the other leaders have to say. I know God is working through them to impact your lives. Take care - sending lots of X X X's & O O O's!